Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Art Posts for Esther Brown

This the first of the posts for Esther Brown, my mother, and her work. The work here will be displayed and I may offer some brief commentary, however I encourage people to view her art and take it for what they see in it. My mother is someone of few words when it comes to art. She draws and paints and does not feel a need to fill in with words - her work speaks for itself. I would classify her work as intuitive, expressionistic, and surreal. However, I know my mother wants people to simply make up their own mind and not be influenced by what she has to say about it. To paraphrase what she has taught me over the years when it comes to making art - "Just paint." Don't talk about it, don't philosophize, justify, or anything else. The work will speak for itself. With that, I leave you to enjoy and contemplate these first posts. If anyone has any inquiries regarding purchase or anything else, just email me and I will respond promptly. Thanks.

Jesse Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment